It’s not just our pupils who recognise us as “a Driving School with a difference”.
Our instructors think we’re pretty unique too.
An associate driving instructor will be working in an area where A2Z of Motoring has a managing owner responsible for local marketing and supporting their driving instructors. A2Z associate may pay a small weekly fee to cover the cost of the support service provided, (no more than £12), but rather than paying a fixed weekly fee no matter how many (of how few) lessons they conduct, pay a percentage of their lesson charges as a franchise fee instead. Instructors with own pupils on their books, (i.e. pupils they’ve introduced themselves or who contact A2Z and ask to be placed with that instructor), will pay a reduced fee (or sometime even “zero” fee), for lessons taken with those “own pupils”. This means that at quieter times of the year, such as Christmas and the New Year, an associate instructor’s fee with A2Z can be much lower than that paid by their contemporaries working with other driving schools. (And when they’re on holiday, there’s no percentage franchise fee to pay at all!)
Associate instructors will usually own their own vehicle, (although we may also offer an Agreement for services that will incudes a car), and all instructors share the new pupils and intensive courses that book with A2Z. And associate instructors also benefit from an individual service package to help support their business. A2Z will :
– book tests, alter appointments, chase “NTUs” (not turned up) and take messages on your behalf
– online diary and record keeping
– a dynamic and interactive website with good SEO and ranking
– a variety of local marketing initiatives to attract new customers
– their own individual End of Year accounts
– 8 til 8 customer support for pupils, (“9 til 5 on Saturdays”)
– Free Online Theory Tests for all pupils
– automated text lesson-reminders to pupils the day before every lesson
– office support to book tests, take card payments, chase “no-shows”, etc.
– free training from ORDIT registered instructors to help prepare for DVSA check testin
– free mock tests for pupils when required carried out by an ORDIT grade “A” instructor
A2Z of Motoring driving instructors don’t have to deal with their own calls late into the night, or try to establish contact with pupils who don’t turn up, or explain to pupils trying to cancel at the last minute that there may be a charge. All these issues are dealt with by the A2Z office, leaving instructors free to concentrate on teaching their pupils to drive.
With our fee rate linked to the work you actually do, and our comprehensive support package, (and with the offer of free training if you need it), we offer an unbeatable combination that puts our associate instructors, and our pupils, both equally at the heart of our business.
Please note that the hourly fee rate charged to instructors may differ from area to area in line with local trading and marketing conditions. For more information, please contact our Franchise Manager, Kevin Williams on 01792 870701.
Read more about Working as an A2Z instructor in our FAQs. or phone 01792 870701 and ask to speak with Kevin.